Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Week 10: My Plan

I plan on continuing my education here at the Art Institute and graduating with a B.A. in fashion design.  I want to stay in Las Vegas, I believe we are at a cross roads where the fashion industry is starting to move here as opposed to L.A., countless fashion houses are moving here and I feel like this community has a chance a to grow and support an entire new fashion industry.  I would love to be apart in making that happen and really put Las Vegas on the map as a fashion capital. To do that I have started my own publication, AVANT GARDE Magazine- Las Vegas to show the world we have an industry here that is creating new and innovative things in the world of fashion. My plan is to continue to grow that out to become a highly respected high fashion magazine not only in Las Vegas but the world.  I also like being on the creation side of fashion so I don’t want to limit myself just at publishing I’d like to produce my own garments as well. I love costuming so I plan on continuing to hone my craft and really perfect being able to produce theatrical Hollywood grade costumes.  I would love to work in movies as a lead costume designer and to see my work on the big screen.  I then would like to stay in the entertainment side of designing and produce garments for musicians world tours.  Most importantly I see my future as limitless and without boundaries I don’t want to confine myself to just one project I want to continue to push myself and new learn things in this industry. I live and breathe fashion, it’ll never be work to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment